Northern Colorado's Law Firm Dedicated to Serving You

There is no content to display.

There is no content to display.

There is no content to display.

Child Custody and Support

Issues involving child custody and visitation can be the source of great anxiety and emotional distress for parents.

At Leah Bishop, L.L.C., I work to resolve these problems in a positive and compassionate manner, while protecting the parental rights of my clients at all stages of the legal process. Parents have a right to see their children.

My firm provides advice and representation in matters involving:

  • Child custody
  • Visitation rights and parenting time
  • Modifications in custody and visitation
  • Parental relocations
  • Grandparent visitation rights
  • And other issues

Call 970-224-5555 or contact our office to schedule a consultation.

Achieving Your Custody and Visitation Goals

Whenever possible, I seek to achieve my client’s goals regarding custody and visitation through negotiation or mediation rather than litigation. Arriving at a solution through these methods can be far less costly, both in terms of legal fees and emotional stress. Children do better as well. I have extensive experience in negotiating creative custody and visitation solutions which protect my clients’ rights and enable them to enjoy meaningful parental relationships with their children. In some cases however, litigation is essential to protect the client’s parental rights. If necessary, I will use the legal system to assert your rights and achieve your goals.

Child Support

In Colorado, the level of child support is set by guidelines in the statutes. This required amount will depend in the incomes of the parents and the residency time of the child with each parent, adjusted for certain expenses.

I can advise and represent you in all aspects of child support, including

  • Determination of the required support level
  • Modifications in child support
  • Enforcement of child support orders
  • Paternity as it involves child support

Although a child support order can be issued at the time of separation and as a stipulation in the divorce decree, the level of required support can be changed. A significant increase or decrease in the income of a parent or other major event may enable you to obtain a modification in child support.

At Leah Bishop, L.L.C., I help obtain modifications for both payers and receivers of child support. In most cases, I can achieve these quickly and cost-effectively, though some child support modification issues can be complex.

Contact an Attorney

To schedule a consultation call 970-224-5555 or email.